Saturday, April 24, 2010

He takes the swim with a PR



Hi All,

Brett completed his swim in a time of 1:17.07. This race is amazing. The beach was swamped and the vibe unbelievable. From the S.A Army to a traditional cannon being fired for the start to the African tribal dancers on the beach, it is just so much fun!

I dropped Brett off at 5:30am and he appeared to feel ready. I can't even imagine what I might feel if I were about to fulfill my life dream. I have a funny feeling that this might be the first of many. I don't know if my heart can take it ;)

We were sitting at the Wimpy (restaurant on the beach) having breakfast when we were notified of his swim completion and one would think we won the lotto.

We will wait for him to come passed our B&B in an hour or so. Right now we are watching Casper the friendly ghost with the hope of Shelley taking a power nap!

Will check in again later but in the mean time, here are some pics for you.

Cheers
T

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I guess all those religious morning practices paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go, brett! thanks for the updates, T. great addition to the IM Live coverage. Way to go Nicole!

    ReplyDelete